Friday, May 8, 2020

Guest Designer - Maria Giselle Batan



Hello everyone, today our wonderful Guest Designer is Maria Giselle Batan







I am Maria Giselle Batan. I reside at St. Louis, Missouri. I am a paper crafter since 2005. My journey with paper crafting started with scrapbooking, then eventually going into card making and paper crafting. I am a wife and mom to 4 boys. It has been a habit of mine to create something for my sons' class during school parties. I work as a Tele-ICU RN. I don't really consider myself as a front liner since I word behind the cameras but we do monitor patients with COVID-19. It is such a challenging time these days. I am always grateful for every day that me and my loved ones are healthy. That is why crafting is the best outlet for me, not only to relax my mind but also to show kindness to others by creating cards and sending it off to whoever needs it, hoping that it will send some encouragement. We all need it these days. Stay safe always! Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!





I created this card to feature this stamp set that I have won in one of the challenges I have joined in. I want to show the versatility of this stamp image by creating an interactive feature within it. A little bit of masking, measuring and cutting resulted to this card. I also created this card in time for Mother's Day. But you can easily customize the sentiment for this card depending on the occasion. I don't even have to limit myself on the sentiment stamps included on the set. I can type a personal message on the pull out tab as long as I trace the tab first before typing in my message to make sure the message fits in the tab. Also, since the typewriter image has a vintage look, this can be a good masculine card, too. Lots of possibilities for this stamp set. It was just difficult getting a good impression on the first inking so a Misti Stamping Tool or any stamp positioner is highly recommended in using this stamp. Anyway, don't be afraid to try out new things with the stamps you have in your stash. For all you know, you can give it a new purpose. 









Thank you so much to Maria Giselle for sharing her beautiful creation. Please do check out Andrea's Blog.




1 comment: