Friday, July 24, 2020

Guest Designer - Marianne

Hello everyone, today our wonderful Guest Designer is Marianne.





Hello, my name is Marianne aka Maryann Scrapbooking.
I am married, retired and I live in Metz in France.
I started scrapbooking in 2009 thanks to my westie Bounty from Willycott that I was taking
pictures of from every angle - he left us last May 28th - and to Rachel, a Swiss friend who
made wonderful creations. It quickly became a way to relieve stress from work.
I’ve grown a lot over the years even though I’m self-taught. I’ve never had the chance to do a
workshop, I work on feeling.
I touch a little on everything, pages, albums, bag jewels, but it is the card making that
occupies all my time. I also really like mixed media. For some time now, I've been practicing
coloring. I still have a lot to learn, but I feel such a fullness when I color.
I create to offer personalized cards. Except, lately when during the confinement, I created
without precise reason.
It’s a great pleasure for me to be invited to this beautiful ARTY DIVA’S challenge.






I chose to make a floral border with a hole punch in a magnificent 13 @rts paper which I doubled with a deep blue from the same collection.
As usual, I sewed the edges of the paper.
I cut my lady and her blue frame with Spellbinders dies.
The whole is glued on 3D foam to highlight it,
I pierced it to make a tag and tied it with blue and white twine.
Some cutouts of foliage and two white flowers dress the top of my tag and on its twine come to land two pretty yellow butterflies.
To finish the set, I added a few half-pearls of different sizes and colors and my sentiment "Fais un voeu - Make a wish" which comes to fit into the cutout.












Thank you so much to Marianne for sharing her beautiful creations. Please do check out Marianne's Blog.




1 comment:

  1. Merci à Zowie et à l'équipe des Arty Divas de m'acceuillir comme invitée créatrice.
    C'est une joie immense.
    Bonne journée et à très bientôt.
    MaryannG

    Thanks to Zowie and the Arty Divas team for welcoming me as a creative guest.
    It is an immense joy.
    Good day and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete